Cremation has become a very popular option for families looking for an economical, environmentally friendly way to put loved ones to rest. Cremation pre planning is on the rise as well. Although some people choose to keep cremains in a traditional urn, there are also unique cremation keepsakes that can be worn or displayed in your home. Whether you’re interested in cremation jewelry or another type of unique cremation keepsake, there are many affordable, beautiful options out there.
Types of Unique Cremation Keepsakes
- Glass Keepsakes – Many facilities that provide cremation services offer glass products that incorporate cremation ashes. Depending on the technique that’s used, the ashes can create pretty bubbles, flecks, and swirls in the glass. From hand-blown orbs that can be used as ornamental décor or paperweights to small gem-style pieces that come in all shapes and sizes, you can pick and choose which colors and styles you or your loved one would have liked. These unique cremation keepsakes can also be worn as pendants or made into beads.
- Cremation Jewelry – Glass isn’t the only material that can be used for cremation jewelry. Some consist of a tiny urn or compartment that can be filled with ashes and worn as a pendant on a necklace or bracelet. There are countless designs to choose from, including hearts, crosses, angels, butterflies, teddy bears and more. These pendants come in all types of materials, such as sterling silver, gold, bronze, stainless steel, and even wood. They can also be customized with engravings, which give even more of a personal flair to the piece. These unique cremation keepsakes are a wonderful way to keep your loved one close.
- Cremation Diamonds – Cremated ashes can also be turned into memorial diamonds. Cremains contain carbon, which can be used to create diamonds using special equipment and a multi-step process. Most companies that perform this cremation service offer diamonds in several cuts and colors. Making diamonds in a lab is a process that can take up to 10 months but memorializing your loved one with a sparkling precious gem is worth the wait.
- Fireworks –Cremation fireworks are a super creative way to give your loved one a magnificent sendoff. They’re a popular option with families who have lost a loved one who served in the armed forces. If you used a facility that offers cremation services for veterans, ask for a recommendation for a reputable company that makes cremation fireworks.
- Vinyl Records – Perfect for music lovers and musicians alike, cremation ashes can also be incorporated into vinyl records. The cremains are sprinkled into a raw piece of vinyl, which is then pressed by plates to make a record with the song of your choice. Another thing that makes these unique cremation keepsakes even more special is that the incorporated ashes add their own original crackles and pops to the song when the record is played.
Contact Florida Family Cremations to Learn More about Unique Cremation Keepsakes
There are countless ways to remember a loved one who has passed on. Our compassionate and knowledgeable staff at Florida Family Cremations can help you find the perfect cremation keepsake or urn that reflects your loved one’s spirit and keeps them close to your heart. Treating your loved one with the dignity and respect they deserve is our top priority. Whether you have an immediate need for cremation services in Clearwater or you’re interested in finding out more about our affordable cremation pricing, we’re here to help you understand your options and support you through challenging times. We’re proud to serve individuals and families in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Manatee Counties. Call us for more information at 727-223-5911, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.